The United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit upheld a verdict of more than $30 million in favor of Robert Stooksbury, an East Tennessee developer. The Court’s initial decision denying defendants’ appeal was rendered in June of 2013; defendants’ request for en banc review was denied on August 5, 2013; and a mandate issued August 14, 2013. Stooksbury v. Ross, et al., no. 12-5739 (6th Cir. 2013). Wayne Ritchie served as lead counsel for Mr. Stooksbury.
- Samantha Ellis Appointed as CLE Chair and New Attorney Liaison of TBA’s Young Lawyers Division.
- Stephen Ross Johnson Sworn in as Treasurer of Nation’s Criminal Defense Bar
- Trial Practice Conference set in Milan, Italy
- Stovall made named partner.
- Stovall obtains dismissal of federal securities fraud action.