Stephen Ross Johnson serves as a representative of the criminal defense bar on Tennessee Governor Lee’s Criminal Justice Investment Task Force, created for the purpose of developing polices aimed at reducing recidivism and improving public safety through policy development. After several months of work, the Task Force issued its preliminary report and recommendations on December 19, 2019. Among the suggested reforms are recommendations for lower sentences of incarceration, more alternatives to prison sentences, and greater resources for mental health. Read the full report here.
- Samantha Ellis Appointed as CLE Chair and New Attorney Liaison of TBA’s Young Lawyers Division.
- Stephen Ross Johnson Sworn in as Treasurer of Nation’s Criminal Defense Bar
- Trial Practice Conference set in Milan, Italy
- Stovall made named partner.
- Stovall obtains dismissal of federal securities fraud action.